It’s easy to write an essay but hard to complete without any mistakes. People can write essays with great content, good words, and with explanations but when it comes to structure or framework they get totally zoned out. To put it another way, they frequently make mistakes when trying to write a sentence. Please keep in mind that if the same mistakes are made in an IELTS essay, one will lose band. So, Here we are coming up with some Do’s And Don’ts of An IELTS Essay.
Mistakes to Avoid in an IELTS Essay
Learn these important points in order to avoid mistakes in the IELTS writing task 2.
- No need of writing more than 270 words.
- Do not use contractions such as don’t, can’t.
- Do not overuse connecting words.
- If a general statement is given explain it with another sentence starting: By this means, This means that…
Read More Lessons from the Author, Akram Khan.
- Do not write illegibly.
- Every letter of a word should be legible.
- Dot your, ‘i’ and cross your, ‘t’s. ‘I’ and ‘you’ can be used sparingly.
- Avoid the use of the lazy expressions: ‘so, on’ etc. Instead, use ‘Such as’, ‘And’.
- Use academic English: It is well-known that, It is quite evident that, despite the fact that.
Start Making Mistakes
Yes, we’re not supposed to be perfect in the very first attempt, however, we should be making efforts. Great things take time, so keep writing – don’t be afraid of mistakes. Keep this quote in mind in order to recharge your battery.
Ever Tried. Ever Failed. No Matter. Try Again. Fail Again. Fail Better.Samuel Beckett
Other Useful IELTS Lessons
Study Materials for IELTS Preparation
The content below is designed to help IELTS aspirants who are looking forward to getting a good band score in reading, writing, speaking, and listening. Kindly check it out.